1. K-State home
  2. »Research and Extension
  3. »Pawnee
  4. »4-H Youth Development
  5. »Record Books

Pawnee County

Pawnee County 
715 Broadway, Room 6
Larned, KS 67550


Kyle Grant, Agriculture and Natural Resources Agent

email address: kkgrant@ksu.edu

Cathleen Cowell, Family and Community Wellness Agent

email address:  cathleencowell@ksu.edu

Email us at:

Achievement Pins

Organizational Help

Personal Page

Permanent Record

Project Report Forms

*Please note: when opening a form below, please open it and save it to your desktop or device before entering information.  You must download or open the form, then "save as" or you run the risk of losing your work.*

4-H Story

Record Books

record booksWhy have 4-H record books? 4-H Record Books serve a variety of purposes in the Pawnee County 4-H program.

  • 4-H Record Books give members an opportunity to reflect on their yearly work. They document their skill development and their learning experiences in a written report. 4-H members measure their achievements and growth in their total years in 4-H.
  • 4-H Record Books encourage members to set goals, pursue strategies to meet those goals, and to shift gears in the face of challenges and obstacles. Completion of record books awards 4-H members for participation in 4-H activities, which provides an incentive for participation, learning, and achievement.
  • Completing a 4-H Record Book is a process where 4-H members record project and club work. Record management is a life skill to identify, create, classify, archive, and keep records. The 4-H Record Book teaches 4-H members these skills through a standard format.


Pawnee County Record Books

In Pawnee County, we will now be using the Project Report Forms.  The Project Report Forms are available above or on the State 4-H website.  If you are not able to download the forms, we have the current forms in the Extension Office.  The Personal Page and Permanent Record can be found in the Record Keeping section.

Due dates will be announced as the time approaches.  Record books can be turned in to your Club Leader or to the Extension Office.

Items that need to be turned in:

  • Personal Page
  • 4-H Story
  • Permanent Record
  • Project Report Forms
  • Member Achievement Pin Application

Green form: Mark which awards you are applying for

Be sure the form is signed by a parent/guardian and your Club Leader

Make sure to read the list of awards that are available to Pawnee County 4-Hers to apply for from local award providers.  

Other books that can be turned in:

  • Club notebooks: Secretary, Treasurer, Reporter